I suggest you make it possible to ...

add more features to the spinner

Here are a few suggestions to make the spinner much more powerful:

1)I have a spinner that uses the same {|}, but has another powerful feature.

Here is the command: {order:delimiter:mintimes:maxtimes:Word1|Word2|Word3}

To use this, you change 'delimiter' to what you want in between terms. An example would be ' or ' or ' and '. (Something this one does not do but would be very valuable would be to have the ability to make the last delimiter in the series different. So, you could have commas between each term and then 'and' as the last delimiter. Like this: {order:delimiter:last:mintimes:maxtimes:Word1|Word2|Word3}

Mintimes is the minimum number of terms to use with each spin. Maxtimes is the maximum number of times to use a term.

This is very powerful for using a list of different flower types or product types for example.

2) Another that would make the spinner a killer would be the ability to link variable lists something like this: {##Var1##,WORD1,WORD2,WORD3,...} and {##Var2##,WORD1,WORD2,WORD3,...}. Then, if you had a sentence like this: The ##Var1## of the ##Var2## has the ##Var3## feature. The results would be random from the Var1 list, but the following ones would be the same position in each list.

Then you would be able to easily put your data together on a spreadsheet and convert it to the lists.

3) Add something like {##LAST##,WORD1,WORD2,WORD3,...}, {##RND##,WORD1,WORD2,WORD3,...} and {##UNQ##,WORD1,WORD2,WORD3,...}. . The ##LAST## command would make it so that if you had a list of {WORD1,WORD2,WORD3,...} and then later used {##LAST##,WORD1,WORD2,WORD3,...} where WORD1, WORD2 and WORD3 are the same in both lists, it would show the same word in both spots. Then, later, if you used the same list of words but used {##RND##,WORD1,WORD2,WORD3,...}, the WORD shown would be random. And, if you use {##UNQ##,WORD1,WORD2,WORD3,...}, the word shown from the list would be different from the last one used.

If you decide to implement these suggestions, I would be glad to write up a training/tips manual for them.

Best wishes,
Ron

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    areebbAdminareebb (Admin, SEnuke) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SEO Service SpotSEO Service Spot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see a thesaurus check. This way once articles are spun the thesaurus could ensure they make sense.

• HispHisp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another useful feature would be sync several word lists so that the always pick the same position in the list. Something like {##SYNC1##,WORD1,WORD2,WORD3,...} which would for example randomly select WORD2, if then later in the article there would be {##SYNC1##,WORD4,WORD5,WORD6,...} WORD 5 would be picked as it is in the same position as WORD2.

That way the same article frame could be used for similar subjects, the first use would then decide which subject the article is about and pick the right terms for that subject all the way through the article.

Feedback and Knowledge Base